Acute inflammation is the body's natural reaction against injury and infection. Chronic inflammation can linger for a long time, which in turn causes the immune system to send out chemical messengers that the body is under attack. This can cause white blood cells to attack nearby healthy tissues and organs.
Diet has shown to have a very strong impact on managing chronic inflammation. These certain foods listed can be linked to lower the risks of heart disease, weight, and certain cancers.
1. Blueberries: Contain significant amounts of antioxidants, which fight cancer and cardiovascular disease.
2. Spinach: known as an anti-inflammatory super food.
3. Salmon: Contains significant amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, which is great for your heart because the healthy fats help reduce the inflammation and keep cholesterol in check.
4. Walnuts: Contain omega-3 fatty acids that promote heart health.
5. Strawberries: Low in calories, high in fiber, and contain vitamins and minerals your body needs to functio
n. They also contain anti-inflammatory properties.